I sell prepaid lesson packages, can TutorBird accommodate this?
Yes, if you sell prepaid lessons packages, TutorBird can accommodate this. Tutors who bill this way usually skip the invoicing step. Typically, they'll collect the pre-payment and send the student or parent an email receipt (rather than the invoice). The pre-payment will then go onto the "Family Account", as the student takes the lessons they've prepaid for, their account balance will slowly drop to $0.00. When the student hits $0.00, you know it's time to request another payment for additional lessons.
To get started:
- Navigate to "Families & Invoices" from the main menu on the left.
- Click on the "Zoom" icon next to the family you would like to add the pre-paid lesson payment to.
- Click on the "+ Add Transaction" button and choose "Payment". Enter the student, date, amount, and a brief description (ex. prepayment for 10 lessons).
- Click "Save". The Family Account should now show a "Balance Remaining" instead of a "Balance Owing".
There is also an option in TutorBird to show the "Family Account Balance" on the home screen "Agenda" when a student has a lesson that day. Enabling this option is a great way for Tutors who sell lessons in packages to let the student know when it's their last one.
To enable this option:
- Click "Settings" in the top right-hand corner and select "My Preferences" from the drop down menu.
- On the "Personal" tab check to enable the "Show Family Balance on Agenda" under the label "Homepage Settings".
- Click "Save".