How can I upload a PDF or audio file to my website?
If you'd like to share a file with just your students (and parents) who are logged into the student portal, use the "Online Resources" feature in TutorBird. Click here for instructions.
If you wish to publish a file to your TutorBird hosted website that is accessible to anyone, follow these instructions:
- Navigate to "Website" from the main menu on the left.
- Select the "Media Library" tab. This is where you'll upload any files that you want to place on your website.
- Click the "Upload Media Files" button and choose the files you want to share from your computer. In the video below, I've upload three PDFs and three mp3 files.
- The next step is to add links to a page on your website. Click the "Pages" tab, and edit the page (in this example, we'll edit the "Student Resources" page)
- In the "Page Content" editor, highlight the text that will link to the media file, and click the "Link" button (this button has the chain-link icon)
- The "Insert Link" popup will appear. Use the "Link List" drop-down (magnifying glass icon) to select the file you want this link to point to. You don't need to enter anything in the URL field, TutorBird will automatically populate it from your Link List selection.
- Click "Insert" to close the Insert Link popup. Your link should be created and the link text will appear blue.
- Click "Save" to save your changes to this page (you may need to scroll down to see it).