How can I add a blog to my website?
A blog is an easy way to post articles to your site that don't necessarily need their own individual pages. The pages on your site typically won't change very often, while the blog articles you post will be more timely (i.e. such as news, announcements, and other information like that). TutorBird makes it easy to add a blog to your site.
Here's what to do:
- Navigate to "Website" from the main menu on the left.
- Select the "Pages" tab, and click "+ Add Page".
- Set the "Page Type" to "Blog". This creates the placeholder page for the great blog posts that you're going to write.
- Click "Save".
Now your site has an empty blog page with no posts. The next step is to add the first post:
- Navigate to “News & Blog Posts” from the main menu on the left.
- Click “+ New Post”.
- Set the title for this post then write the article itself in the “Post” field. It’s just like writing an email, except everyone who visits your site will be able to read it.
- Select “Website Blog (Public)” as the “Publish Location”.
- Click “Save” and you’re done!
That’s it! You’ve added the first post to your blog. When you’re ready to post again, just go back to the "News & Blog Posts" page to create a new entry. TutorBird will automatically show the newest post at the top of your blog page, and archive older posts for you.