I have my own domain name, can I use it with my TutorBird website?
Yes, if you have registered your own domain name, you can use it with your TutorBird website. Everyone who uses TutorBird has the option to have a “TutorBird.com” subdomain (such as “wendy.tutorbird.com”).
Please note: If you have a custom domain and have your website hosted elsewhere, DO NOT change your CNAME. If you have your own website, please click here.
If you’ve registered your own domain name, here's what you'll need to do:
- Navigate to “Website” using the main menu on the left.
- Choose the “ I need a TutorBird website” hosting option.
- For the "Domain Type", select "I have my own domain name".
- Enter your domain name in "Website URL" field.
- Then, visit your domain provider to configure your website’s CNAME record to point to “hosting.tutorbird.com”.
Use the following settings for your CNAME record:
Points To: hosting.tutorbird.com
TTL: 3600 (1 Hour)
Here are instructions for a number of popular domain registrars:
GoDaddy (Editing a CNAME record): https://ca.godaddy.com/help/edit-a-cname-record-19237
Netfirms (How to Update CNAME Aliases): http://www.netfirms.com/knowledgebase/beta/article.bml?ArticleID=1682
Enom CNAME Records: https://support.google.com/a/answer/74698?hl=en
Weebly CNAME Records: http://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/201372693? (bottom of article)
Confused? Don’t worry, we can help. Send an email to our friendly support staff and we’ll guide you through the process.