How do I enable PayPal Pro integration?
If you're located in the US or Canada and wish to upgrade your PayPal Standard account or create a new PayPal Pro account, please contact PayPal by phone at 1-844-899-6410, Option 2.
You must call this number to have the $30/mo PayPal Pro fee waived. Be sure to mention you are a TutorBird subscriber. (US & Canada Only)
After creating a PayPal Pro account you'll be able to start accepting credit cards and online payments.
Here's how to do it:
- Click "Settings" in the top right-hand corner and select "School Settings" from the drop-down.
- Select the "Online Payments" tab.
- Choose "PayPal Pro".
- Click the "Lookup" link that appears to the right of the "PayPal API Username". This will redirect you to your PayPal account.
- From your PayPal account, locate your PayPal API Username, PayPal API Password and PayPal API Signature. Copy and paste this information into the field provided in your TutorBird account.
- Choose the currency you wish to accept payments in.
- Choose an "Expense Category" for the PayPal fees (this is the fee that PayPal charges per transaction).
**If you want to create a new category, add it from the "Expenses & Other Income" page.**
- Click "Save".
Once that's completed TutorBird will automatically:
- Add a "Make Payment" button on the "Account & Invoices" tab in the Student Portal (this is only visible to adult students and parents).
- Add a "Click Here to Pay Online" button to newly created invoices.
Payments made through either link will automatically be tracked and assigned to the correct family in TutorBird.