Step 1: Adding Students
You can’t teach if you don’t have any students. So, we’ll start by adding students to TutorBird. You can either add each student manually or you can import a student list.
Adding Students Manually:
- Navigate to “Students” from the main menu on the left.
- Click on the green “+ Add Student” button.
- Enter in your student details (student first and last name are required).
- Choose whether this new student belongs to a “New Family” or an “Existing Family“.
- Enter in your family contact details (parent first and last name are required).
- Click the green “Finish” button.
Importing Student List:
- Navigate to the "Students" from the main menu.
- Click the purple "Tools" button.
- Select "Import Students" from the drop down menu.
- Copy & paste your student contact list from your favorite spreadsheet application, such as Microsoft Excel or Numbers, into the space provided.
- Click “Next” and follow the prompts. TutorBird will automatically map all relevant fields. Map any additional data as required.
- Click “Finish“.
Tip: The default duration and billing (we pre-selected $30 per 30 minute lesson) can be changed in “My Preferences”. To change this, click "Settings" in the top-right corner and select “My Preferences”. Select the "Default Settings" tab and make the necessary changes to your “New Student Default Setting” that best reflect the majority of your students. Keep in mind; this is simply a default. Any student can later be edited to have a unique lesson length, billing type or lesson length.
Click Here for Step 2: Schedule Lessons