Can I customize the emails that TutorBird sends out?
Yes, you can customize any of the System Templates that TutorBird uses to send out emails for things like:
- Event Reminders
- Lessons Notes
- And much more
To get started customizing your emails templates:
- Click "Settings" in the top right-hand corner and select "Business Settings" from the drop down menu.
- Select the "Email & SMS" tab. All of TutorBird's system email templates are located on the right-hand side of the screen under the heading "System Templates".
- To edit any of the email templates click on the "Edit" button (blue pencil icon) to the left of the template name and make any changes necessary.
- Preview your changes by clicking the "Preview" button.
- Click "Save" to commit your changes.
Attention: It's important to note that the text that appears between the % symbols (ex. %FirstName%) are what TutorBird refers to as "Placeholders". When an email is sent, these placeholders are what customize the email to each individual recipient. So, in using something like the %FirstName% placeholder, the message will be addressed to each student and/or parent with their first name. TutorBird also gives you the ability to add many other optional placeholders to your emails. These can be accessed by clicking on the "Email Placeholders (%)" drop down menu found on the email template bar editor.