How do I refund an online payment?
If you're using Stripe, PayPal, or PayPal Pro to process payments from parents and students, refunds are just as simple. You will sign into your payment processor and initiate the refund from there.
If the payment was initiated by TutorBird, the payment processor will notify us and the refund entry will automatically be entered into the Family Account for you.
Recording a refund through Stripe:
- Log into your Stripe account.
- Find the charge to be refunded in the Payments overview page.
- Click the ••• icon to the right of the charge and select Refund charge.
- Enter the amount to be refunded. The default is a full refund. For a partial refund, enter a different amount to be refunded.
- Select a reason for the refund. If you select Other, you must provide an explanatory note that is attached to the refund.
- Click Refund.
Recording a refund through PayPal:
- Click Activity at the top of the page.
- Select the payment you want to refund.
- Click Refund this payment.
- Under Total Refund Amount, enter the amount you want to refund (you may have the option to refund a partial amount of the payment), and then click Issue Refund (you'll be directed to a page confirming that your refund has been sent).