Can I teach Skype lessons in TutorBird?
If your business offers online lessons, you can video call your students directly from TutorBird. This feature will require the tutor and student(s) to have a Skype account. The first thing you'll need to do is record your students' Skype usernames in their Student Profile. Click here for instructions.
After you've recorded everyone's Skype usernames, you'll create a new lesson location for your online lessons. Here's how:
- Navigate to the “Calendar” from the main menu on the left.
- Click the “Categories” button above the calendar.
- Select the “Locations” tab and click the "Add Location" button.
- Give your new location a name and choose an icon to represent this location if you wish (a location icon will appear on the calendar).
- From the "Type" drop-down menu, choose the "Skype Lesson" option.
- When scheduling a lesson, choose the appropriate location from the "Location" drop-down menu.
You can begin your Skype call by clicking the location from the event details or from your Home Agenda by clicking the "Skype Lesson" button.
To view the video in fullscreen, click here.
Note: Only tutors will have the ability to initiate Skype sessions with their students through TutorBird. This is to avoid a student calling you during a lesson.
You can also teach online group lessons. Just schedule a group lesson as you normally would and be sure to select your Skype lesson location. It's possible to do a Skype call with as many as 9 students, however, a maximum of 5 is recommended. When you initiate the Skype call, it will call all of the attendees of that group lesson.
Skype is free video conferencing service that's available for download on various mobile, desktop, tablet and web-based applications. To download Skype, click here.