How do I record a student's FaceTime ID?
If you teach online lessons, you can record a student's FaceTime ID in their Student Profile. You and your student must have an Apple device (i.e. iPhone, iPad, iMac, etc) to call through FaceTime.
When this ID is recorded in TutorBird you can launch the FaceTime call directly from the student profile!
Here's how to record a FaceTime ID:
- Navigate to "Students" from the main menu on the left.
- Click on the blue "Zoom" button beside the student whose FaceTime ID you'd like to add.
- Click on "+ Click to display Additional Details" link that appears directly below the "Student Phone" field.
- Enter the student's FaceTime ID in the "FaceTime ID" field.
- Scroll to the bottom and click "Save".
You'll notice that after saving a student's FaceTime ID that a FaceTime call link will appear to the right of the field. Click on this link to initiate your FaceTime call.
Note: If your student has multiple Apple devices, each device may have a different phone number or email address associated with it for receiving FaceTime calls. Make sure your student is communicating the correct FaceTime ID so that their preferred device is called.